Anxiety & Stress Therapy
Anxiety and Stress Therapy will free you from fear, panic, overwhelm and other debilitating emotions. We all experience stress and anxiety at different times, in both positive and negative contexts. Positive contexts include starting a new, progressive job, buying or moving into a better home, having a baby, the opportunity to engage in public speaking. Negative contexts include situations where we are faced with a threat or challenge. There is good stress and bad stress. Good stress is also referred to as Eustress. Good stress motivates you to take the necessary action to achieve the positive outcomes you desire. Good stress also motivates you to rectify your mistakes or overcome challenges. Bad stress is also referred to as Dystress. Bad stress sends you into a state of inaction. It is debilitating. Anxiety and Stress Therapy will help you overcome bad stress.
Anxiety is your reaction to the stress. It is that uncomfortable feeling that you get in anticipation of a perceived threat. You might experience this feeling most of the time for no apparent reason. Maybe you are likely to avoid your normal daily activities. These might include going to work, driving your car, interacting with people, even taking care of your families and household chores. These activities probably feel too overwhelming for you. Perhaps you always have the expectation of a negative outcome because of your chronic tension and worry. Anxiety and Stress Therapy helps you remove your trauma at the root. Very often your overwhelm is based on you expecting a repeat of that past traumatic incident.
You will benefit from Anxiety and Stress Therapy if you experience some of these symptoms:
- Feeling out of control
- Internal chaos
- Clenching of teeth
- Shortness of breath
- Shaking or trembling
- Tightness in the chest
- Heart palpitations
Chronic anxiety and stress is not good for the mind and body.
Anxiety and Stress Therapy can help you get rid of these effects of chronic stress and anxiety:
- depression, and vice versa
- chest pain
- heart palpitations
- skin rashes
- loss of sleep
- lowered immune system contributing to diseases such as stress-related arthritis and cancer
Unresolved anxiety can also contribute to phobias, panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you are suffering from PTSD, you may experience flashbacks, nightmares, intense distress, sweating and muscle tension. Anxiety and Stress Therapy removes the negative emotional charge that you experience whenever you think about the traumatic incident.
How anxiety and stress affect your life
Anxiety and Stress Therapy will empower you for an anxiety and stress free life. In this way you do not have to be negatively affected in the following ways:
- When you are in a constant state of anxiety and stress, you might neglect your self-care
- Anxiety and stress can result in withdrawal from social situations, isolating yourself from friends and family, avoidance of emotional or sexual intimacy
- In the work situation stress and anxiety can cause Burnout, strained relationships with colleagues or managers; a tendency to become defensive, resentful of colleagues, withdrawal from team activities, and the possibility of making costly mistakes
- Your unwarranted fear, anxiety and stress could be depriving you of wonderful opportunities
- You may decline or not aspire to opportunities for work promotions because of your anxiety about speaking to people
Allow yourself the opportunity of Anxiety and Stress Therapy and enjoy living your highest purpose!
How I can help you
You can be free from debilitating stress and anxiety
Even before you start with Stress and Anxiety Therapy, there are simple practical changes that you can make in your life to minimise stress and anxiety. Here are some suggestions:
- Take a long, deep breath in, inhaling good energies then and take a long, deep breath out, exhaling negative energies
- Avoid watching violent or aggressive movies or programmes just before going to bed
- Listen to calming or meditational music, or watch something funny before going to bed
- Relax, walk amongst nature often, it is a good form of meditation
- Always try to maintain a happy, and when not possible, a neutral state of being
- Laugh, laugh, laugh
- Practice good time management
- Get rid of clutter
- Keep physically active
The above practices will help you to feel calm and relaxed. However, going through the process of Stress and Anxiety Therapy will resolve the root causes of your stress and anxiety. You might be battling with managing your stress and anxiety arising from past traumatic events. I will help you to release your negative emotions and limiting beliefs that are associated with the cause of the anxiety. It might be a traumatic or negative experience. We will eliminate the emotions at the root so that it is gone forever. The memory will remain intact. The painful emotions will be replaced with positive and empowering learnings and beliefs.
If you battle with managing everyday stress, I will teach you how to let go of your anxiety before a perceived daunting or threatening situation and to focus on positive outcomes. During your Stress & Anxiety Therapy I will also guide you towards creating inner peace, calmness of mind, mental stability, so that you enjoy emotional liberation.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us”.